Saturday, December 21, 2013

CONFESSIONS OF A DRUNK ASS.



The story is fictional. And I request the smokers and drinkers to quit the same for that someone. May you find that someone soon.

Outside the pub, I stood amongst the crowd near the 'pan ka galla'. I was so drunk that I couldn't even stand still, as I asked the panwala for a cigarette. My friends had already left, and I was all alone standing amidst the crowd. 

I took a deep drag and blew a smoke, which increased my intoxication, and I felt really high. As I took another drag, I didn't notice that there were girls passing by me, and in blew it on them by mistake. I was too drunk to even realize that.

And 'Chhaaat'. The next moment, my left cheek was red as I was slapped hard by one of the two girls who were passing by. It took me a minute to realize that I had been slapped.

"Brats like you just spend their father's hard earned money on useless things like cigarettes and drinks. Had you been someone as middle class as me, you'd have realized the worth of those papers you just changed for the cigarette. And look before you smoke." She said fuming in anger.

I couldn't even take half of what she said. She was so beautiful that I was instantly lost in her deep black eyes that sparkled as the bright sun rays fell on them. Her fair skin and long and silky brownish hair made her appearance gorgeous, and I was bewitched by her. 

Although, I had been a chain smoker, I never smoked when non smokers were around me. And I never smoked when girls or kids would be around. I respected people who didn't smoke. I always kept that in mind, but at that moment, I was too intoxicated to know anything. And the girl who just slapped me? I had fallen for her. I had just heard about love at first sight, but I realized what it is then.

I knew I had to apologize, but words seem to betray me and nothing came out of my mouth as I stood gaping her.

My silence added on to her frustration and she seemed angrier. Girls look beautiful when they're angry, and she looked beautiful indeed. Not any less than Deepika Padukone. 

"Speechless? What else can I expect from guys like you who waste their life drinking and smoking like this?" She said, making me feel guilty.

I had tried quitting alcohol and drinks a million times, but I had been unable to. The numerous promises I made to my ex-girlfriends, crush, best friends and others were indeed broken. I always respected promises and kept them except for the ones involving cigarette and alcohol. I don't know why I could never keep such promises. But this slap was hard enough to etch it on my brain that I had to quit. Especially, if I expected this girl to love me back. Wait. Who am I kidding? I don't even know her name.

"So, you can't even speak? Are you dumb? Or you don't have the courtesy to apologize?" She said as her friend consistently asked her to leave the place.

"I love you" I replied smiling. Drunk me. Stupid me.

Chhaaat...Yet again my cheek was red, probably her the red marks of her fingers imprinted on my face.

'That's all I can expect from losers like you' she said and walked off.

As she walked off, I held my cheek, and kept looking at her.

I don't know if I'll ever meet her again, but for the sake of my love for her, I promise to quit drinking and smoking.

Every person has a role to play in your life. That person might come in your life for a minute, an hour, a day, a month or maybe a lifetime, but the role might be very important. 

No comments: