Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Lone Traveller.



I stand here, at the Kannur railway station leaning against a pillar, that has a charging socket, trying to plug in my phone which constantly displays ‘Connect the charger’. Once, I am done connecting the charger, I stand looking around aimlessly. As I wait for my train to arrive, I look around to notice a bunch of students laughing over some funny joke, some couples mush up, some children who fake a cry to catch their parents attention to buy them something or the other, and a lot more. A few of those sights are pleasurable and soothe my eyes and turn me nostalgic, while the rest daunt me, turning me bleak and depressed. 

I look around, and a drop of tear escapes my eyes. Journeys have consistently and repeatedly played a crucial role in moulding me as a person, and it holds paramount significance in shaping my character. No matter how protracted or short the journey would be, the change that the journey would induce in me would be inevitable. Every journey transforms me into a better person. From answering my inmost unanswered and baffling questions to solving my mysterious problems, it would do it all. And there have been times, I have been extremely lucky to meet the best of people in the course of travelling. Those people would say things that would somehow change my mindset regarding certain concepts I've been stubborn about.
To be precise, journeys have always been helpful and considerably important part of my life, and I wish the same from this journey.

Hearing the announcement about the arrival of my train, I unplug the charger, and roll it and keep it in my bag. I make myself ready to get into the train. Mangalore isn't far from here. It’s just 2 hours. But I hope these two hours change my life forever. This journey would probably be one of my shortest journey, but I have faith in my destiny, and myself, that I would benefit myself through this journey. 

As I am sitting on the window seat, snatching it from a fellow passenger, I realize how beautiful life is, as the raindrops start hitting my face hard, and I close the emergency window. There are a couple of students sitting next to me, talking in Malayalam, so I am unable to understand what they talk. I laugh at a joke of theirs which I somehow understand, thanks to my Malayali ex-girlfriend. And thus, the introduction begins, and the conversation starts. And what happens next? Too much of fun. Total fun. 

As long as you’re having fun, what change do you wish to seek? 

1 comment:

Sachu said...

:O :O Rounakk...........u had a malayali girlfriend.... :-D :-D ....whoaa.... so u've been to kerala.... :D if u don't mind could u tell me where she was..from... man, i thought u didn't have a girlfriend.. o_O o_O .... nd also... I m a Huge Fan <3