Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Flirt.



Parking my bike outside the pub, I received Karan's call. 

"Dude. This is the 6th time I'd been calling you." said Karan, a little pissed with me for not receiving his calls. 

"I'd been riding, bro. And I don't pick the calls while riding my bike, Hope you understand. Sorry." I replied. 

"No issues. But weren't you supposed to be at Cafe 9 at 10?" he asked. 

"I'm outside Cafe 9. I'd be there in a while." I replied as he bid a bye, and disconnected the call.

I had been visiting my hometown after almost 6 months, and Karan after, three and a half year, I guess. We'd been good friends back in school, but ever since we passed out from the school, we'd never met each other. He'd been studying Architecture in Delhi, and I was pursuing my law degree from Mangalore. 

Just as I entered the pub, my eyes explored the entire pub, yet unable to find them, when I saw Karan walking towards me. His other friends were busy dancing. 

"What would you have?" he asked. 

"A Coffee, maybe?" I replied.

"You got to be kidding me?" he laughed. 

"No, actually, I don't drink." I replied smiling. 

"Respect." He said, saluting me, dramatic as he could be.

After a while, our conversation shifted to some sensitive topics. No, I ain't talking about the career. Talking about the girls. 

"So, who is your current girlfriend?" He asked, mocking me. 

"Lately, I haven't been dating anyone." I replied, having a sip of my coffee that the waiter just served. 

"Liar Liar bum on fire." He said, disbelieving me.

"Why would I even lie to you, Karan? I mean, you aren't a girl." I replied, trying to convince him. 

"True that, but then, you were a stud back in the school. Remember, the number of girls you've dated? And you can however get any girl, so why have you been single? " He inquired. 

"Ah, coming to the point, I don't want 'any' girl. I just want to find the right girl. As simple as that." I replied, and he smiled. 

Just then, a girl passing by me smiled at me. Her smile was beautiful. I smiled back. 

"You can never change" He said, smiling. 

"Well, I'll come in a while. Looks like she needs me. And yes, I said I have not been dating anyone. I never said I don't flirt. After all, flirting is good for health, and if I don't flirt when I'm single, when would I? And while flirting with them, I may find my Miss Right. You see?" I winked. 

"And yes, after I find the right one, I'd be flirting only with her. My time, my heart, and my life would be hers." I smiled as I moved to the girl at the bar counter. 

No comments: