Saturday, December 21, 2013

MAA

As I stood at the railway station awaiting my train, a guy who appeared little elder to me was shouting at his mother openly at the station, in front of all the people around. He didn't think twice before humiliating her in public. I felt like bashing him up right there, but who am I? I controlled my anger. He insulted her over a trivial issue of receiving his call when he had been to the toilet. 

I wondered what the world is coming up to. She's the same woman whose hand he held in order to walk when he was a kid. He walked away. As she struggled with the heavy bag, I helped her carry it to her compartment. 

Finally, my train arrived. I boarded my train, trying to get over that incident and regain my excitement about going to Daman. 

I found my berth, and a family sitting opposite my berth with whom I was supposed to share my next 24 hours. They were about to sleep. The kid was lying down on the middle berth. I arranged my bedsheet, and sat over it, replying to the messages I had received.

Just then, the lady asked her husband to get the blankets. Her kid, certainly 2-3 years old asked her why they needed blankets?

"It's too cold in over here. They wouldn't increase the temperature of the AC." she replied.

"I have a blanket." The kid showed it to her.

"What about us? We will feel cold, too, right? So, I asked your dad to get the blankets." she replied.

"Take this, mom." he offered her his blanket.
She asked him to use that blanket, but he resisted. 

Stubborn and loving as he was, the next thing he said was "Dad. please give this to mom. she would feel cold".

And it was so cute, that I smiled. The mother and the son smiled back at me.

The world hasn't really changed. It's only priorities that has changed for some people. Some people turn out to be more important than their mother for some people. BUT REMEMBER, SHE'S THE REASON YOU'RE BREATHING THIS AIR RIGHT NOW. SHE'S THE ONE WHO HAS LOVED YOU, AND WILL CONTINUE TO LOVE YOU DESPITE ALL YOUR FLAWS. SHE'S THE ONLY ONE WHO'D FIND YOU PERFECT. SHE'S YOUR MOTHER. LOVE HER. RESPECT HER. 

No comments: